Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hello World

Published by ST on 7/28/2009 07:45:00 PM

When somebody is introduced to a programming language, something called "the first program" is very common. It is about making the computer to write in the screen the phrase "Hello world". Well, like that beggining, today I start writing this blog, as a sequel to ST Blog[1], but this time only about informatics, FOSS and related topics.

I will be posting here lots of things about all these topics... Also I'll comment news and events about FOSS... Moreover, I'll write HowTo's about the things I know.

Well, now, you could be wondering, why "yet another kernel panic" ?... Last year, when I started writing ST Blog, I mentioned that it is awesome to test and try new things when you learn about computers and so on... and many times, the easiest way to learn about something is to damage it...! In the Unix-like OS's it's common to get a "Kernel Panic" when you make a mistake... (a wrong compilation, maybe...), and well, I got many of them some time ago, when I was trying to install Slackware on a 486 machine. Yes, I damaged and I learnt. Believe it!

Nowadays I'm running openSUSE 11.1 in my PC, and I would say that Linux is a great operating system. If you have any doubt about what is Linux and it's advantages, just Google for it... ! (A friend told me sometime that 'Google is your friend', but I think he took that phrase from a well-known anime series and changed it a little XD)...

Well, that's all for now... Have a nice day...

[1] ST Blog (In Spanish)

0 commentaries:

Post a Comment

Play

Last comments...

Links